Fleur de Lis' Letterboxing Journal

My thoughts on my new favorite hobby.

Saturday, April 24, 2004

What a glorious day for letterboxing! Joe and I parked in Collegeville and road our bikes along the Perkiomen Trail to just south of Green Lane. We picked up our final PT letterbox, Sunrise, and found a hitchhiker! Butterfly came to us all the way from Maine. Hopefully I can release her within the next week or so. In any case, the PT between Collegeville and Green Lane was great! The prettiest part was near and next to Grateford Prison - a bit of irony, I guess. Some of the hills just about killed me - Lance Armstrong I'm not! I think in the future, I'll stick to the flatter part of the PT.

On our way back from Sunrise we passed by 3 other PT boxes that we'd already stamped in to earlier in the year. We re-stamped into some of them (unless there were a lot of people around) since The Raindears have since replaced their store-bought stamps with fun hand-carved ones!

And finally, at some point today ;) I released my first ever hitchhiker, the Ace of Spades (mentioned in my previous post). I hope the card has good luck along its way and that I get to hear about it from time to time.