Fleur de Lis' Letterboxing Journal

My thoughts on my new favorite hobby.

Sunday, April 18, 2004

What an absolutely gorgeous day! 77 degrees - not at all used to this type of weather. We took advantage of it, though, and went searching for some letterboxes. We headed up to Tyler State Park and had a bit of trouble along the way - we had to take some major detours because of streets closed for regattas. Then we got lost. When we finally made it it was such a nice walk! Despite the massive amounts of horse manure everywhere, it was a nice new "find" as far as places to go.

Unfortunately, Joe and I didn't find Covered Bridge #1, but from looking at the LBMA list, it seems we're not the only ones. We found what we thought were the right spot(s) but to no avail. We had more luck with Covered Bridge #2 and left a little surprise :) We'll have to head back up to Tyler to try again for CB#1 and the other box in the main area of Tyler State Park.

If I have time this week I'm going to try to plant some microboxes - I have the spots, just have to carve the stamps.