Fleur de Lis' Letterboxing Journal

My thoughts on my new favorite hobby.

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Today we went to the Washington's Crossing, PA, gathering. It was a good time! It was my first gathering, and I was definitely a bit shy. I exchanged a lot of stamps, chatted, and Joe and I found a few boxes. Joe was itching to take a bike ride, so while he did that I went back to the pavilion and exchanged some more. I was absolutely bowled over by people's creativity! Judy (SowSewBizzy) brought her Apologies to Martha and Mr. Potato Head PLB that many of us stamped in to. I won't give away the details, but it's obvious that she put a lot of thought and work into it!

I didn't end up stamping in to any of the hitchhikers in the gathering hostel - I guess I'd rather find them by surprise. It was actually hard not to stamp in, because some of the stamps were so cute, but I feel I'd be cheating myself if I did. So..hopefully someday I'll run across them again.

Thanks again to Irene (Hikers & Hounds) for putting together a great, fun-filled day!