Fleur de Lis' Letterboxing Journal

My thoughts on my new favorite hobby.

Friday, June 18, 2004

Today Joe and I went to search for the Who is the Author? series up in Doylestown, PA. We found #1 after first overshooting it (we always either overshoot or stop too soon!!) and stamped in. #2 we had to save for later, because on of the park maintenance trucks and driver were right in front of it.

On to #3. Found it easily. We pull out the box and sit down to stamp in. As is my custom, I start looking through the logbook and all of the people who have stamped in before us. Imagine my surprise when all of a sudden, I see Joe's handwriting. Turns out that while I thought he was at work for hours yesterday, he drove up to Doylestown, scoped out the series, and wrote in the third box log: "Hello Kathryn! I know how much letterboxing means to you! So I skipped out early and beat you to this one... But while I have you here and before our vacation on Saturday: Will you marry me...? Love, Joe"

Then he got down on one knee and presented me with a ring. Of course I said yes :)

I was shocked, to put it mildly! Especially since I've wanted him to propose this way for months, but never actually told him! He thought it up all by himself :)

What a happy, happy day :) I still can't stop smiling!

Oh, and I ripped the note he wrote out of the logbook so I can keep it... :)