Fleur de Lis' Letterboxing Journal

My thoughts on my new favorite hobby.

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Random Thoughts

I just finished carving a new stamp for a new box I'll place on our camping trip in western PA this weekend. I'm proud of the stamp - I think it was the new medium I used that made it MUCH easier (Staedtler MasterCarve vs. Speedball white stuff). I'm completely out of materials to make a new logbook though, so I guess I'll have to venture out into the heat at some point tonight!

Not sure if I'll make a Flight 93 stamp yet...

Finally, after not carving for about a month, I took out my Speedball carving tools and noticed that some of the nibs are rusty! I don't quite understand why...they were just in a box and not exposed to water or other elements. It makes it even more difficult, now, to put the nibs in and out of the handle. I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem...?