Fleur de Lis' Letterboxing Journal

My thoughts on my new favorite hobby.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

To Use or Not to Use...That is the Question

Well we're back from our mini-holiday, with minimal boxing news to report. I went to check on my first planted box, Black Diamond and found that the animals had gotten to it a bit! The box itself and its contents were fine (save for a small chunk taken out of the box) but a poor HH left with it was soaked through and is pretty illegible now. I dried it out and am awaiting further instructions from its owner.

I completely forgot to bring the new inkpad for Black Diamond!

I planted a new box in the same area. Mother is now awaiting visitors. But I forgot to reprint a first finder's certificate so there is currently only a small token for the FF. I was certainly forgetful this week!

Finally, I wrapped both of my boxes in plastic Ziploc bags before leaving them. Hours after we left, however, I was still thinking about that - if I should have left them unwrapped or not. To use plastic bags or not - that is my question. Black Diamond survived the winter and wildlife just fine sans bag, but the HH in a bag did not. I think I'll be worrying about my little boxes until I hear about them again...