Fleur de Lis' Letterboxing Journal

My thoughts on my new favorite hobby.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The upcoming holiday weekend means THREE days of letterboxing! I know that, as usual, we won't take advantage of all three days, but even two days of boxing would be great! We were invited to my sister's birthday picnic on Sunday, but anyone who knows anything about driving to the Jersey shore on a summer weekend, let alone a holiday weekend, knows that driving there means sitting in about 7 hours of traffic. I think I'll pass :)

My Ace of Hearts HH was received by my sister and then sent on its way in NJ. I also heard that the Ace of Diamonds was received by Team PresSinOn (along with the old You Can't Touch This HH log), but it seems that one of their members has sustained an injury, so it'll be some time before they head out. That's okay - speedy recovery, NeverEnuff! The only HH in that series left is the Ace of Clubs. I have an idea what I'll be doing with it... just have to carve it first!

Finally, after reading on the LBNA talklist about transferring images to carving material, I think I will try what seems to be the easiest - "ironing" on laser printed copies of pictures. At this point, anything will work better than my quasi-tracing method at the moment, which usually results in my freestyling the drawings. Not good!

Maybe I'll go check on my Ben Franklin series this weekend too...I'd love to see how many "hits" he's received :)